Narrow Width Slit Coil & Precision Slitting From 0.024″
Gibbs Interwire specializes in narrow-width slitting. We stock a wide variety of grades of stainless steel, carbon steel, and specialty metals throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico, in gauges as thin as 0.0019″. We slit extremely narrow widths from .024″ wide to precision tolerances for many industries including automotive, aerospace, electronics, medical, chemical processing, oil/gas, specialty springs, fasteners, and more.
We also provide custom edging on widths as narrow as 0.040″, oscillate winding, and customized spools and reels.
Don’t see it in stock? Let us precision roll to your custom thickness and material properties in almost any alloy. Send us your requirements.
Narrow Width Slitting Size Range
Coil Thickness Range:
Min 0.0019 in / 0.0483 mm
Max 0.062 in / 1.575 mm
Coil Precision Width Range:
Min 0.024 in / 0 .6096 mm
Max 24 in / 609.6 mm
Strip Coil Grades/Alloys
- 201, 301, 301 high yield, 302, 304, 304L, 305, 316, 316L, 316Ti, 17-7 PH, 420
- Many additional stainless grades available – Request A Quote
- 1008, 1050, 1060, 1070, 1074, 1075, 1095
- Inconel® 600, Inconel® 625, X750, 800H, Ti Grade 2, Hastelloy® B3, Incoloy® 825, Duplex 2205, Alloy 20
- Many additional specialty metal alloys and cobalt alloys available – Request a Quote
- Phosphor Bronze, Beryllium Copperc
- Ribbon Wound Coils
- Coils on Cores
- Traverse / Oscillate Wound on Spools and Reels to 2,000 lbs
Edges / Skiving Options – Edging Coil as Narrow as .040″
- #3 Slit Edge
- #1 Round Edge
- #5 Square Edge
- Custom Edge
- 1/4 hard
- 1/2 hard
- 3/4 hard
- Full Hard
- Extra Full Hard or High Yield for Spring Applications
Gibbs Interwire is well known in the toll slitting and toll processing industry. We partner with OEMs, job shops, and mills to supply precision narrow width slit coil, edged coil, and specialty wound coil to customers around the globe!