+86 183 3106 1136
About the Galvanized steel coil, we have to know that the steel of it is a carbon flat steel product with a zinc coating on the surface. This coating improves the corrosion resistance of steel coils or sheets.
Galvanized Steel Coil
The most commonly used method for galvanized steel coil is the hot-dip galvanizing process.
In the hot-dip galvanizing process, the carbon steel coil is immersed in an acid bath to remove the steel scale. Once the steel is cleaned and the scale is removed, it is continuously immersed in the molten zinc bath to form a metallurgical bond and protective coating with a controlled coating weight. The weight of the coating increases the corrosion resistance of the steel.
The zinc bath in the hot-dip galvanizing process contains trace elements such as aluminum. The presence of these traces optimizes coating adhesion and improves the ductility of galvanized steel, galvanized steel coils and galvanized steel slit coils, enabling the material to form hundreds of products that we use every day.
In previous steel making generations, galvanized steel coil used to contain large, flowery crystalline patterns of zinc on the surface of the steel known as "spangle". Spangle resembles large hexagonal snowflakes. Although today's galvanized steel still contains spangle, modern steel mills produce galvanized steel with spangle that is virtually undetectable to the naked eye. This is known as minimum spangle and zero spangle galvanized steel.
Galvanized steel is able to prevent surface of steel sheet from suffering the corrosion, lengthens its available time. The reason are the following:
1. Zinc coating can prevent corrosive substances such as acid (such as acid rain) from contacting the underlying metal.
2. Galvanizing treatment can prevent rust. When the coating is scratched, zinc is still more likely to "lost anode" than base metals, thereby protecting it from rust.
3. Zinc protects metals by corroding faster than alkaline metals. For example, a special ingredient called "chromate" is added to galvanized metal, which makes it corrode faster. The reason for this is to corrode the zinc coating first to protect the underlying metal from corrosion.
1. Super protection: galvanized steel coil can prevent corrosion on the surface of the steel plate and prolong its usable time. Every inch of galvanized steel coil is protected, even the sharp edges and hard-to-reach cracks.
2. Low maintenance: The steel that lacks protective coating needs more maintenance to keep the appearance and structure of the product safe.
3. Economically: The initial choice of galvanized steel coil may seem more expensive, but in the long run, it is a huge investment. In addition, galvanizing is actually cheaper than many other protective steel coatings.
4.Long durability: The life expectancy of the galvanized steel coating can reach 50 years, and it can withstand the exposure of cities and coastal areas.
Galvanized Steel Coil
Galvanized steel coil are mainly applies in some professions, such as constructions.
For the constructions, it mainly used as roofs of some industrial, residential constructions to preventing from corrosion.
For the light industry, it used to produce outer cover of electrical appliances, chimney, kitchen utensil and corrosion-proved parts of automobiles.
And it is also used as storage and transport in farming, animal husbandry, fishery area.
Best Hardware is a manufacturing enterprise which specializes in steel coil, nails, wear, mesh, window screening, etc. If you want to learn more about our products, welcome to consult!