Salamander Crucible “Super” is a high-quality Clay Graphite crucible, consistent in performance, and has good thermal conductivity. It is widely used for the melting of metals in gas and electric melting furnaces. The clay graphite crucible manufactured by plastic forming techniques retains heat longer and tolerates thermal shock when in a melting furnace of up to 2500oF.
SALAMANDER SUPER crucibles are manufactured from premium grade raw materials under an ISO 9001:2000 quality management system.
SALAMANDER SUPER crucibles are colored black except for certain smaller sizes that are supplied unpainted.
Typical Metal Casting Temperature: 1562-2912°F / 850-1600°C
- Clean melting
- Good thermal conductivity
- Good resistance to chemical corrosion
- High refractoriness
- Capacity: 66 Lbs. / 30 Kgs. BRASS
- Overall Height: 10-3/16" / 260mm
- Inside Depth: 9-1/4" / 240mm
- Top Outside Diameter: 7-3/4" / 197mm
- Bottom outside Diameter: 5-1/2" / 140mm
- Crucible Weight: 12.5 Lbs. - 5.7Kg
*Protective Clothing, Heat-Gloves and Face & Eye Protection must be worn when melting metals. *Safety factors must always be the Priority!
For combined shipping and quantity discount, please feel free to contact us by email at email@example.com or toll free +1 (888)750-5387.